City of San Diego Retirees living in California will have access to enroll in MetLife’s Dental HMO. The Dental HMO is designed to be a low-cost plan with the coverage you need and the features you deserve.
The MetLife Dental HMO plan offers you and your family comprehensive dental benefits with set co-payments for listed services. For your convenience, the following is a list of some of the HMO plan features:
- You choose a primary care dentist from a large network of DHMO providers. Your primary care dentist will provide your dental care and will coordinate referrals to specialists. You may change dentists once a month by contacting MetLife.
- Over 400 dental procedures covered at listed co-payments and many diagnostic and preventive services have no co-payments!
- The plan covers additional cleanings and periodontal maintenance, brush biopsies for oral cancer screening and adult fluoride and anesthesia benefits, including nitrous oxide and IV sedation.
- No deductibles or dollar maximums for any service.
- Coverage for implants.
- One of the largest networks in California.
- Orthodontics for adults and children.
- Your benefits begin immediately – there’s no waiting period.
Like most group benefit programs, benefit programs offered by MetLife and its affiliates contain certain exclusions, exceptions, reductions, limitations, waiting periods, and terms for keeping them in force. Please contact MetLife or your plan administrator for costs and complete details.
Dental HMO plans are available in CA through SafeGuard Health Plans, Inc., a California corporation. The SafeGuard companies are part of the MetLife family of companies. “Dental HMO” is used to refer to products that may differ by state of residence of the enrollee, including but not limited to “Specialized Health Care Service Plans” in California.
For more information, contact the SDPEBA Benefits Department at 888-315-8027.
Dental Managed Care Plan benefits are provided by Metropolitan Life Insurance Company, a New York corporation in NY. Dental HMO plan benefits are provided by: SafeGuard Health Plans, Inc., a California corporation in CA; SageGuard Health Plans, Inc., a Florida corporation in FL; SafeGuard Health Plans, Inc., a Texas corporation in TX; and MetLife Health Plans, Inc., a Delaware corporation and Metropolitan Life Insurance Company, a New York corporation in NJ. The Dental HMO/Managed Care companies are part of the MetLife Family of companies. “DHMO” is used to refer to product designs that may differ by state of residence of the enrollee, including but not limited to: “Specialized Health Care Service Plans” in California; “Prepaid Limited Health Service Organizations” as described in Chapter 636 of the Florida statutes in Florida; “Sing Service Health Maintenance Organizations” in Texas; and “Dental Plan Organizations” as described in the Dental Plan Organization Act in New Jersey.
Metropolitan Life Insurance Company, New York, NY 10166
© 2020 MetLife Services and Solutions, LLC