SDPEBA Benefits are available to MEA, REA and RFPA members.
SDPEBA Open Enrollment Notes FY19
1. All retirees are eligible to take Sharp Health Plan, no membership is required.
2. For all SDPEBA benefits, excluding Sharp Health Plan, you must be a member of one of the participating organizations – MEA, REA, or RFPA.
3. If you are not a member of MEA, REA, or RFPA, you can join one of the organizations when you sign up for benefits.
4. Only those retirees who are adding, changing, or canceling dental, vision, or legal benefits are required to submit a SDPEBA enrollment form.
5. If you want to add, change, or cancel Sharp Health Plan (either through Medicare or our non-Medicare plan) you will need to submit a SDPEBA Sharp enrollment form.
6. If you are enrolling in one of the Sharp Health Plan retiree plans, you must submit an enrollment form to SDPEBA and you must notify SDCERS that you are cancelling your old plan.
7. SDPEBA forms and plan brochures can be downloaded online at http://www.sdpeba.org or you can call our office 888-315-8027 to have them mailed to you.
8. If you are unable to access the website, SDPEBA staff and representatives from MetLife Dental, Sharp Health Plan, and VSP Vision will be at the SDCERS Retiree Benefits Open House on June 22nd from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. at the Balboa Park Club Ballroom.
9. If you are unable to access the website, and cannot attend the June 22nd meeting, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 888-315-8027 to get more information or to have brochures or forms mailed to you.
10. If you have questions about Kaiser, CIGNA, United Concordia Dental, or your healthcare allotment, please call SDCERS at 800-774-4977. SDPEBA staff are unable to answer questions about those plans and cannot provide you with your current allotment amount. SDCERS has partnered with CareCounsel to help retirees with questions and can be reached at 888-227-3334.