SDPEBA is happy to continue our relations with MetLife Dental. Employees and retirees living throughout the United States will have access to enroll in MetLife’s Dental PPO. MetLife’s PPO plan offers you freedom and flexibility to select the dentist of your choice. For your convenience, the following is a list of some of the PPO plan features:
- You can select your own dentist (including oral surgeons, periodontists and pediatric dentists), but when you use a MetLife PPO dentist, you may save even more! To find a participating dentist, please visit MetLife’s website.
- Deductibles may be waived for preventive and diagnostic services when visiting an in-network provider.
- Endodontics, periodontics, oral surgery and implants are covered.
- There is no waiting period for any covered services, including major services such as crowns and bridges.
- One of the largest networks in California.
- Orthodontics for adults and children.
Like most group benefit programs, benefit programs offered by MetLife and its affiliates contain certain exclusions, exceptions, reductions, limitations, waiting periods, and terms for keeping them in force. Please contact MetLife or your plan administrator for costs and complete details.
For more information contact the SDPEBA Benefits Department at 888-315-8027.
Dental Managed Care Plan benefits are provided by Metropolitan Life Insurance Company, a New York corporation in NY. Dental HMO plan benefits are provided by: SafeGuard Health Plans, Inc., a California corporation in CA; SageGuard Health Plans, Inc., a Florida corporation in FL; SafeGuard Health Plans, Inc., a Texas corporation in TX; and MetLife Health Plans, Inc., a Delaware corporation and Metropolitan Life Insurance Company, a New York corporation in NJ. The Dental HMO/Managed Care companies are part of the MetLife Family of companies. “DHMO” is used to refer to product designs that may differ by state of residence of the enrollee, including but not limited to: “Specialized Health Care Service Plans” in California; “Prepaid Limited Health Service Organizations” as described in Chapter 636 of the Florida statutes in Florida; “Sing Service Health Maintenance Organizations” in Texas; and “Dental Plan Organizations” as described in the Dental Plan Organization Act in New Jersey.
Metropolitan Life Insurance Company, New York, NY 10166
© 2020 MetLife Services and Solutions, LLC