Even a minor trip to the hospital can present you with unexpected expenses and medical bills. Major medical insurance may cover most of your hospital stay but may still require you to pay a deductible or copay.
Aflac Group Hospital provides financial assistance to help you avoid dipping into savings to pay for those unexpected costs, and to cover out of pocket expenses like transportation, meals for family members, help with childcare, or time away from work.
Aflac Group Hospital pays benefits for trips to the doctor for virtually any reason including chiropractor visits, ER visits, urgent care visits and even routine medical exams. Here are a few examples of some visits and items that we can receive benefits for from the new Aflac Group Hospital plan:
- Flu, stomach aches, or other common illnesses
- Muscle pain and other aches and pains
- Asthma or Allergies
- Kidney stones, hypertension and chest pains
- Pregnancy visits
- Surgeries, planned or unplanned
- Hospital Stays
- Routine annual exams and checkups
- Prescriptions and major exams
Most American’s visit the doctor about 4 times on average. With Aflac Group Hospital those visits may be eligible for payment and help you cover any unexpected costs.
What is New?
This year, SDPEBA was able to negotiate new plan designs, enhance benefits and lower premiums including:
- Two options; High and Low
- Lower Option: Most affordable plan as low as $15/pp.
- Higher Option: Double the benefits.
- Enhanced Benefits
- No pre-existing conditions. All visits, prescriptions and surgeries that occur after 8-1-19 are now covered.
- No waiting periods. (Pregnancy covered effective 8-1-19 regardless when a policyholder got pregnant)
- Work related illnesses and injuries are now covered. Carpal tunnel, bad backs, shoulders and other wear and tear injuries are now covered.
- Coverage no longer terminated due to attained age of 70.
- Added more available visits per person per calendar year.
- Added CT and MRI benefits.
- New chiropractor benefits.
- Larger prescription benefits. (Including previously prescribed medications)
- Increased hospitalization benefits.
Do I need to re-enroll to get the new plans and rates?
Yes, all employees who previously enrolled in the Aflac Hospital plan will need to re-enroll in order to take advantage of the new plans and lower costs. If you do not re-enroll you will keep the plans you previously had. They are not automatically changed to the new plan options.
How to enroll:
- AFLAC Enrollment is only open to active City employees, retirees are not eligible to enroll at this time.
- The deadline to enroll in Aflac is June 30th, 2019. SDPEBA Aflac specialists are available to assist you until 5pm on June 28th, 2019.
- Enroll by email or fax: Please fill out this Aflac Enrollment Worksheet and send it back to us via email (info@SDPEBA.org) or fax (619-431-3078) by June 30th, 2019.
- Enroll online: visit www.wecareworks.com/aflac. The enrollment login credentials are:
- Case ID: B743
- User ID: City ID (without leading zeroes)
- Password: SDP2019
- Enroll by Phone: 888-315-8027
To get more information on all the Aflac plans offered via SDPEBA, please visit www.SDPEBA.org.
If you have any questions about the events or about SDPEBA benefits, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.